ONE-DAY MBA PROGRAM
Birthing of giants presents
Insperity’s Growth Challenge workshop:
An Immersive 1-DAY MBA FOR BUSinESS OWNERS
IN ONE DAY, YOU AND YOUR PEERS WILL Guide a company from growth stage to exit strateGY
As one business owner said “It’s like whitewater rafting for entrepreneurs. You better hold on!”
What to Expect WHEN YOU ATTEND
This brand-new educational experience will put you at the helm of a growth company alongside your owner-peers as you navigate through their most challenging growth stages.
Based on the groundbreaking research behind Doug Tatum’s No Man’s Land, participants in this “one-day MBA” for entrepreneurs will learn more in this single session than they may have learned in 2 years of business school.
AFTER 1 DAY, YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH…
- New insight into how the best growth decisions are analyzed and made
- A fresh perspective on the long-term impact of today’s decisions
- An accelerated education for CEOs of growing companies
MBA One-Day At-A-Glance
1-Day MBA Participants Will Work Through “The Four M’s” …
CRACK THE CASH-FLOW CODE
Find out how investment capital meets income to create a powerful economic model.
Right people, right seats, right Bus?
Guide the development of a world-class management team. Help make the tough decisions.
SERVE MARKETS, NOT CUSTOMERS
Make smart decisions about finding markets that scale. Scaling is key to attracting the right buyers.
CREATE Replicable PROFITABLE SYSTEMS
Early growth doesn’t always point the way towards the right economic model. Over time, strategy wins over tactics.
NO PREPARATION IS REQUIRED FOR YOUR 1-DAY MBA FOR OWNERS. Once there, YOU WILL RECEIVE…
- All workbook materials needed for the day.
- Lunch, snacks and invitations to after-session cocktails.
- Breaks spaced out so you can communicate with your office.
BONUS: A copy of Doug Tatum’s masterpiece, No Man’s Land. Doug Tatum is a member of our Board of Experts. He built and sold The Tatum Group in 2010, the largest collection of CFO talent ever assembled.
The 1-Day MBA runs from 11:30AM to 4:30PM. Up to 50 owners may participate.
DURING THE 1-DAY MBA Session, YOU WILL:
- Strategize with peers to guide a company through the “4 M’s”–Money, Management, Market and Model.
- Apply the 4M Model to your own business.
- Learn about advanced business concepts in a friendly and exciting format.
After THE 1-DAY MBA Session, YOU WILL:
- Receive a one-on-one coaching session to analyze and summarize your new strategic plan.
- Receive a Fast-Track Application for Birthing of Giants Fellowship Week.
INVESTMENT AND BENEFITS
- $497 for the One-Day MBA Program
- Fully refundable if you cancel 30 days prior to the event.
- If you apply for Birthing of Giants Fellowship Week, and enroll, you will receive a credit of $497 towards your Fellowship Week tuition.
- All materials and workbooks for the 1-Day MBA
- A copy of Doug Tatum’s masterpiece, No Man’s Land
- Lunch, snacks and cocktails after the program.
- A one-on-one post-1-Day MBA coaching session with an expert.
When’s the Next 1-DAY MBA?
OCT 10, 2017 | NEW YORK CITY, NY
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Wells Fargo Conference Center
150 East 42nd Street
HOW CAN YOU ATTEND THE ONE-DAY MBA TO AMPLIFY YOUR SUCCESS?
- Click the button below to request an invitation to the One-Day MBA Program
- Talk to a BOG representative to find out if the event is the right fit for you
Frequently Asked Questions
- LEAVE BLANK -
What is The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY MBA PROGRAM?
Based on extensive research, the 1-DAY MBA program delivers an accelerated education through the 4 fundamentals of business growth: money, management, market and model. Coined by Birthing of Giants Board of Experts Member, Doug Tatum, the “4 M” model was made popular in his important book for growth-oriented business owners, No Man’s Land. .
Using video, group interaction, personal accountability work and guided facilitation, the program is a fast-faced business learning program for CEOs and company leaders.
As one business owner said “It’s like whitewater rafting for entrepreneurs. You better hold on!”
Where does the research come from?
The one-day curriculum is the result of several rich sources of data, experience, curriculum development and books and articles.
- Data: Doug Tatum’s company, The Tatum Group, had over 1,000 CFO professionals working with it. The database of company performance Tatum oversaw was among the most vast of any small business performance database ever collected.
- Academic: Working with University of Wisconsin and University of Florida, as well as several small business economic impact foundations, Tatum’s original data has been expanded over the past decade.
- Curriculum and Publishing: Our Board of Experts have developed entrepreneur curriculums for universities and masterminds over the past 20 years. They’ve also published more than 10 books (including Business Brilliant, Street Smarts and Small Giants) and hundreds of articles about business and entrepreneurship for magazines like Inc. Magazine.
Who is The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY MBA for?
The program is designed for the “owner and operator” of fast-growing, privately-held companies. The program does not focus on any particular industry or sector. It’s suited to those in the B2B and B2C sectors, both services and products, manufacturing and technology, consulting and advising, government and private sector, women- and minority-owned and military veterans. The person who is ideally suited for The Birthing of Giants Fellowship Program us an individual who:
- Run a company with revenues between $2 million and $250 million.
- Have a small, loyal management team.
- Want to accelerate sales and other revenues.
- Want to increase productivity of their staffs and scale their company culture.
- Want to serve their stakeholders (employees, vendors, communities, customers and more) even more.
- Want to maximize the profitability of their company.
- Want to prepare their company for sale in the future.
What will I learn at The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY MBA?
Dating back to Benjamin Franklin, the first “American-style” entrepreneur, you’ve had to educate yourself in order to prepare yourself for your unique position, leading a company. Individuals who attend the 1-Day MBA will gain working knowledge of ways to amplify their company’s vital resources in these four areas (the “4 M’s”):
Why is there an INVITE REQUEST process and who is accepted?
Each participant in the program relies upon her peers in order to have the most impactful day-long experience so our invitation request process is designed to confirm that the basic criteria of private business ownership among participants is confirmed. The invite request process does not discriminate with regards to industry or company.
What will I take away from The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY MBA Program and how can I use it at my company?
Participants in the 1-Day MBA program will leave with a roadmap to apply the 4 M model to their business. An accountability coach will follow up with each participant individually to review their 4 M strategic plan and compare it to the plans of 1000s of other CEOs and business leaders. Some of the strategic objectives you might identify include:
- Personnel changes and organizational structure
- Stakeholder engagement (employees, vendors, community, customers)
- Your own role as CEO
- Your financial and business model
- How to build in order to sell (and to who)
How long is The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY Program?
The program runs from 11:30AM to 4:30PM with a cocktail hour afterwards. Lunch and snacks are served.
What’s the difference between the 1-day mba and the fellowship week?
Besides the obvious time difference, the engagement is totally different. During the 1-Day MBA, you will be put on a fast-paced journey to learn through a case study format, studying another person’s company and guiding their decision making. The case study format is a common format used by business schools. Your post-1-Day MBA accountability coach will help you apply the lessons learned in the case study to your business.
The Fellowship Week is a week long so it obviously covers more ground. But, it’s also:
- A week-long strategic planning session for your business
- An introduction into a wider network of Birthing of Giants Fellows who are as committed to growth as you are and dedicated to strategic planning for smaller, growth-oriented businesses.
Who leads The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY MBA Program?
Talented facilitators who have been trained by Doug Tatum lead the 1-Day MBA Program. Because much of the program is video driven, your leader functions more as a facilitator than as an instructor.
What happens after The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY MBA?
After the 1-Day MBA, you will be scheduled for 1 post event accountability call where your accountability coach will:
- Share with you how your responses compare with 1000s of other CEOs and business leaders.
- Help you understand how your responses identify opportunities and challenges within your company.
What kind of technology do I need when I attend The Birthing of Giants Fellowship Program?
A smartphone is helpful but not required. There are some interactive polls taken during the program to compare your answers to other participants.
How much does The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY mba cost?
The fee for the Birthing of Giants Fellowship Program in 2017 is $497.
- If you cancel 30 days prior to the event, you will receive a complete refund.
- If you enroll in Birthing of Giants Fellowship Week, you will receive a credit of $497 towards your Fellowship Week tuition.
Tell me about past participants of The Birthing of Giants 1-DAY MBA Program?
Here are snapshots of the companies that have attended the 1-Day MBA:
- B2B products supplier ($10mm in revenue).
- Media company ($34mm in revenue)
- Cloud-based B2B services company ($65mm in revenue)
- Staffing agency ($100mm in revenue)
- Government contractor ($25mm in revenue)